ITB Ltd are proud to announce we have recently secured the Cyber Essentials accreditation.
The Cyber Essentials scheme has been developed by Government and industry to fulfil two functions. It provides a clear statement of the controls all organisations should implement to mitigate the risk from common internet based threats. And through the Assurance Framework it offers a mechanism for organisations to demonstrate to customers, investors, insurers and others that we have taken these essential precautions.
Cyber Essentials defines a set of five key security controls, which, when properly implemented, will better protect businesses, small and large, from attacks using software and techniques which are freely available on the open internet.
5 Cyber Essentials Key Controls
- Boundary Firewalls and Internet Gateways – Good setup of devices designed to prevent unauthorised access to or from private networks
- Secure Configuration – Systems are configured in the most secure way
- Access control – Only those who should have access to systems have access, and at the appropriate level
- Malware Protection – Virus and malware protection is installed and up-to date
- Patch Management – The latest supported period of applications is used and all necessary patches have been applied
As a security company we are passionate about promoting our own internal security measures. Obtaining this accreditation highlights this fact and is something we are very pleased to have secured.